Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5 shuting down all the time after uppdating to ios9

Hello

The last two days I have had problem with the phone chutting down all the time.

100% battery

To start it I just plug it in again and everything starts up as it should. I don't have to enter a pin code.

I have restarted the phone but it doesn't change a thing.

HELP

iPhone 5, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 9:54 AM

7 replies

Oct 10, 2015 1:02 PM in response to gdgmacguy

Hi

I have done that to, but same thing.

Whene I have it connected to a computer or the charger it never chuts down.

I wonder if it has to do with the last update.

The battery is new and the charging connecter is new. This was changed for two years ago and have woked fine since thene. Until yesterday when I did the last update on it.

Oct 10, 2015 1:08 PM in response to jan2550

Who changed the battery and charging connector? If the device will remain on when plugged in, then I would say it could be the battery again. Apple can test the battery.

Are you saying in response to gdgmacguy that you have done a restart, reset, restore from backup and a restore as new?

If all of those have been performed and you are still experiencing problems then make an appointment at the Genius Bar of the nearest Apple Store or Authorized Apple Service Provider for service.

Oct 10, 2015 1:27 PM in response to jan2550

jan2550 wrote:

The battery whas change at an appstore in my town in Sweden.

The response for gdgmacguy is yes. I have done that, and no difference

I will leave it again for a check up.

But the funny thing is that everything started after the last update.

I will leave it in on monday.

Do you mean an Apple Store in Sweden, or something else? If something other than Apple or an Authorized Apple Service Provider, then you have voided all support from Apple.

But, as I said, if Apple made the replacements, then make a Genius Bar appointment and have the device examined by Apple. It seems something is wrong with the battery if it will only run with the device plugged in.

Iphone 5 shuting down all the time after uppdating to ios9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.