Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12.3 playlist sort order not reflected in iPhone

This issue started happening since I upgraded to the 12.3 iterations of iTunes with OSX 10.11. I am subscribed to iTunes Match.

The issue: The main playlist(issue present on all playlists) I use is sorted by date added on my MAC. When I add new songs to the playlist, the order shows fine on my MAC, but when I try to play the playlist on my iPhone, the sort is not correct. The new songs that I just added always end up at the bottom of the list. Only way I have been getting around it is by creating a new playlist every time I add new songs to it which is becoming a bit of a pain.

Anyone else having this issue and have you found a way to fix it? Seems like the Playlist sort is not being refreshed when new songs get added.

OSX 10.11, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 11:03 AM

3 replies

Oct 11, 2015 3:33 PM in response to darknit3

I have the same problem. Ever since Apple Music, none of my playlists have updated on my iPhone. Also, the play count doesn't reflect any of the times I've played the song on my iPhone. I've looked for answers to this many times over the past few months and have not found a satisfying answer. I have the latest and greatest of iOS, OS X, and iTunes. That didn't fix it.

It upsets me because I pay for this in my iTunes Match subscription and I'm not getting what I pay for. I just got a reminder that my iTunes Match is about to renew and I'm having second thoughts about doing so.

iTunes 12.3 playlist sort order not reflected in iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.