Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ios9 iphone5c

After upgrading to IOS9 my iPhone 5c has gray bar over text field can not what is typed need Apple to either start better testing new releases of iOS or stop releasing them to older devices that they don't work on. I need away to downgrade my ios or a fix for this problem ASAP. I waited 3 weeks and two fixed before I updated but still got bit. Apple pls send me downgrade path or fix 9 to run on 5c as it says it will.

UUnhappy Apple Customer

iPhone 5c, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 9:56 AM

1 reply

Oct 10, 2015 10:04 AM in response to davefromlittle rock

Apple does not support downgrading iOS, it cannot be done. There are several reported fixes for this. I experienced it once on my 5s and all I did was force quite Messages and I did not see it again. Some report turning Show Subject on and off, or Show characters on off has fixed it. There are also reports of a force restart. Others have reported that going to another iMessage to a different recipient have fixed.

Ios9 iphone5c

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.