Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppStore - where is iPhoto 9.5 update?

I have iPhoto 9.4.3 running on a Mid-2007 24” iMac that I have recently upgraded to Mac OS 10.9.5.

Since when IPhoto has started misbehaving. 'Places' has stopped working for one thing. I just get a blank white 'Places' window. I also suspect 'Faces' has stopped working too.

iPhoto keeps prompting me to upgrade to version 9.5. However, when I try to upgrade to v. 9.5 I find that AppStore tells me there are no upgrades available.

I installed my current version of iPhoto originally from an iLife DVD that I purchased three or four years ago (2011-2012).

So I wonder, do I simply need to re-install iPhoto from the installer DVD again then try to update it from the AppStore again? Or is it more complicated than that? I don't want to revert to the DVD version only to find all the relevant upgrades that I already carried out are unavailable too. That would be disastrous.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), iMac 24 Mid 2007;

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 10:49 AM

3 replies

Oct 10, 2015 11:09 AM in response to El Deanio

Apple stopped the development of iPhoto and updates are no longer available at all. You can reinstall iPhoto from the App Store, if your AppleID is associated with iPhoto at the App Store (check, if you are seeing iPhoto on the Purchases tab). Reinstalling will install the current version 9.6.1 for El Capitan, but only, if you are running el Capitan.

AppStore - where is iPhoto 9.5 update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.