Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

blue screen startup on mac mini

Hi all,

i have a mac mini 2009 (if i am not mistaken) to run my regular job like words and excels.

one day after i downloaded and upgrade teamviewer from v9 to v10 after that a couple mins to wait, it stuck and need to restart.

after restart, now has a blue screen.

i startup with CD installer

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 11:41 AM

5 replies

Oct 10, 2015 12:45 PM in response to leonardkristianto

- Try resetting the SMC and NVRAM/PRAM

Intel-based Macs: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC)

About NVRAM and PRAM

- Try starting in Safe Mode

OS X: What is Safe Boot, Safe Mode?

- Boot to Recovery and repair the startup disk

OS X: About OS X Recovery - Apple Support

- If it is repairable reinstall the OSX

How to reinstall OS X on your Mac - Apple Support

- If you do not have a backup use disk utility to restore the internal disk to an external disk so you can try to recover data.

Then format the startup disk and do a fresh install of OSX

Oct 11, 2015 3:06 AM in response to leonardkristianto

Two possible problem:

- Bad cable or may loose connectin to logic board.

- Bad SATA circuits

Can you boot from an install CD? That will help determine if you have bad SATA circuit.

You can purchase hardware which will allow yo to replace the optical drive with a HD/SSD.

You can

- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store. Diagnostics are free.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Oct 11, 2015 8:23 AM in response to lllaass

when i change the internal HD, i unplug the ribbon cable that attach from behind the cd drive and logic board, is that the cable that you mean?

how do i check is that a bad or loose connection to logic board?

yes i can boot from CD by pressing option key while power on, and i choose CD, and i can do format the internal HD and clean install.

please advise,

thanks

blue screen startup on mac mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.