Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Pro 5,1 and Windows 10 boot up problem

Hi all,

I am having problem with my Mac Pro 5,1 recently. I have El Capitan on Bay 1, Windows 10 on Bay 2, Bay 3&4 are RAID 1 for Mac data. Recently when I try to boot into Windows, there is no Windows "boot ring" – the white ring that indicate it's booting up. So I had to take our Drive 1, 3, 4 to make Drive 2 "understand" that it's the only boot drive. It boots fine doing this.

I've never had problem with Windows 8. Has anyone here encountered the same issue that could give me some pointer?

Many thanks in advance.

Mac Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 11:02 AM

2 replies

Oct 28, 2015 9:43 AM in response to Tran Hoang Long

I have never tried using RAID in a Mac for a Boot Camp volume. However see Boot Camp doesn't support RAID configurations - Apple Support

The above does not say anything about using Apple Software RAID and I believe that should work and I get the impression it did work for your Windows8 setup. If your using the Apple Mac Pro RAID card then it clearly says that will not work.

Mac Pro 5,1 and Windows 10 boot up problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.