Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Incomplete restore from back up

Any help would be appreciated.

My iP5s was damaged and replaced. I restored from a previous backup, but the photos are not present on the new phone. I believe the restore from back-up was not complete.

When I restored it initially uploaded a lot of stuff, then it asked for an old apple ID password, not the current one. I believe this is because some apps (photos?) were added a few years ago when my ex-wife and I had the same acct. I was repeatedly asked for the password for her ID. I think I finally told it at some point to stop the back-up. I could try to restore again, but I'm afraid I'll have the same problem. I don't care about anything else that might not be there, except all the pics I had on the phone.

Is there any way to just get the pics from the previous back-up? If I redo the restore, is there a way to avoid the same problem?

Thanks in advance

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 11:52 AM

1 reply

Incomplete restore from back up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.