Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I create playlists on iCloud with stuff i ripped

Wanted more music space on iphone and thought id try iCloud. I thought if i kept to the cloud and avoided Music Match i would be ok.

Well i am not and i am going on vacation tomorrow, one that involves a lot of driving where I suspect there will be few clouds.

Basically i cannot create playlists on my iphone, even though the files are still on my desktop. The tunes are in itunes but unassorted.

Basically i should have never gone to lossless format for iphone use. I thought the cloud would be a way around it.

Anyway, how can i create playlists now?

Is it possible to listen without the net?

Thanks much!

I am on latest OS.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 12:03 PM

4 replies

Oct 10, 2015 1:18 PM in response to williamfromnewyork

First, I don't know what "Music Match" means.

Second, since your name implies you're from somewhere in New York, and you'll be driving, it's extremely likely that wherever you drive, you will have cellular coverage which would therefore mean an iPhone or cellular iPad would be able to communicate to iCloud.

Third, iTunes music is only stored in iCloud if you either subscribe to iTunes Match (which is what I would recommend for you) or use Apple Music.

Oct 10, 2015 5:32 PM in response to sberman

I am flying to Mexico tomorrow and driving West from there to San Diego. i bought a lot of music for the trip but cannot add it to my iphone. The phone was almost full so I thought I would add space with iCloud. For some reason I now cannot add music to the iphone. If someone has a solution i would appreciate it. I guess if i lose signal i will worry about that then. Thanks.

Oct 10, 2015 6:22 PM in response to williamfromnewyork

I found an answer. Basically, once you give over to the cloud and Apple Music you have to do it their way. On the iphone within apple music, look for Add Music. i found one of the artists to start and added songs and other artists. i also turned off Apple Music, i think. Their just slipping in tunes was too much. Thanks!

How can I create playlists on iCloud with stuff i ripped

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.