Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I restrict Find to specific sheets

Hi, I'm a former EXCEL user but a newbie to Numbers

I'm surprised to find that when I use the Find command it returns all the hits from all the sheets in the file. (Is it called a workbook in Numbers?) Can I restrict the Find command to just one sheet, or a selected number of sheets? Thanks, Rick

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 12:11 PM

5 replies

Oct 10, 2015 1:19 PM in response to rprescot

rprescot wrote:

Can I restrict the Find command to just one sheet, or a selected number of sheets?

As far as I know, the built-in interface doesn't permit the Find to be restricted to one sheet or a selected number of sheets.

It would be possible to fashion an Automator Service (which would appear in your Numbers > Services menu) that would provide similar functionality. If you really depend on this in your workflow, post and I'll try to revise a script I have.

Also, you could give feedback to Apple in your Numbers > Provide Numbers Feedback menu.

SG

How do I restrict Find to specific sheets

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.