Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't my music play with El Capitan?

After installing the OS update iTunes displays all my albums but none of the songs play, I keep my library on an external USBl drive. In Adduced preferences the library location is set to the one on the external drive. I can view the album songs but none will play. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Mac mini (Late 2012)

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 12:19 PM

2 replies

Oct 10, 2015 12:36 PM in response to Steve Edelstein

Yikes. Thinks have gone from bad to worse. Now my library is empty even though iTunes is pointing to it in Advanced. I was having another problem with having to log into iCloud each time I started iTunes. A forum topic said to log out of the iTunes store and log back in. I did and that fixed the iCloud problem. But now my library of music has completely disappeared.

Oct 10, 2015 1:07 PM in response to Steve Edelstein

Problem fixed. Don't know for sure how or why. Restarted iTunes and git a new start screen with a prompt to use a library so I clicked it and it seems to have found my library.

And, I can't resist an editorial comment. As a long time all-Apple customer I have long held the belief that Apple s-u-c-k-s at applications software. This incident just confirms what I've long known.

Why won't my music play with El Capitan?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.