Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problem setting up iphone 5s - faulty phone?

Hi

Just upgraded to an iphone 5s and trying to set it up today. It asked me if I wanted to transfer stuff from the iCloud. i said yes. Then it did it's thing then asks me to press continue and enter my password again. It kept freezing when I pressed continue, and switched on and off or freezed when I went to put password in and switches itself off. I left it for half an hour and eventually got through this process. It then asked me if I wanted to use 'find my phone'. I said yes and screen went blank. The apple icon has now been visible for over half an hour and I can't get it to do anything else. Won't even let me turn off. Could this be a faulty phone or am I just being impatient?

Thanks

Nat

iPhone 5s, brand new

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 12:49 PM

There are no replies.

problem setting up iphone 5s - faulty phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.