Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why doesn't El Captain remember the location of the app window?

I have multiple monitors connected to my Macbook Pro, and in Yosemite when I open up mail for instance it would remember which monitor it resided. El Captain, not so much. It opens up where ever it likes. I haven't seen any options or anything else to fix the issue. Anyone have any suggestions?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 12:49 PM

4 replies

Oct 10, 2015 1:03 PM in response to ManSinha

It isn't a huge deal, just a minor inconvenience. I thought the whole purpose of the desktops was to make it easier for people who only have the one display? I have a total of 3. I just wish they wouldn't take away the small things like remembering where the apps were when you shut down last. I tried the extra desktops before and would get confused where things were since I had so much real-estate. I really appreciate the suggestion though!! :-)

Oct 10, 2015 1:15 PM in response to ManSinha

I just tried that, I have a total of 4 desktops now and I set mail on desktop 2 and messages on desktop 3. I restarted and mail opened up on desktop 1 (my main laptop display) and messages opened up on desktop 3. I just dragged it to where I normally have it. It would be nice to have it the way I was used to. Maybe they'll have a fix in later updates/patches.

Why doesn't El Captain remember the location of the app window?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.