Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new iPad insists that I use a Mexican credit card to download the (free) Kindle app. I live in Mexico but my address is in the US. How an I get around this?

My new iPad will not let me download the free Kindle app without having a Mexican credit card. I live in Mexico, but my settings are US and I don't have a mexican credit card. Any idea how to make this work?

iPad Air

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 1:01 PM

1 reply

Oct 10, 2015 1:33 PM in response to twentycentavos

If your legal residency is in Mexico, you may only use the Mexican iTunes and Mac App Stores. You must provide a Mexican payment method. If that method is a bank card, it must be issued by a Mexican bank and have a verifiable Mexican billing address. You may not do anything else, as it will not be allowed by the system.

Late 2012 Mac mini, OS X El Capitan 10.11; Apple Watch, 38 mm silver AL, Watch OS 2; iPad Air 2 & iPhone 6+, iOS 9.0.2

My new iPad insists that I use a Mexican credit card to download the (free) Kindle app. I live in Mexico but my address is in the US. How an I get around this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.