Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

El Capitan update : lost Pages files

Hello,

After updating to El Capitan, the password for my macbook did not work, I solved that problem. But I just found out that I lost some recent Pages files, all files I had created after the update are gone.

They were very recent files, so I didn't take time to put them on an external hard drive, but they are still very important work files.

Please help.

Thank you

MacBook Pro

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 1:38 PM

7 replies

Oct 11, 2015 1:43 AM in response to babouneD

If you upgraded from an OS X release older than Yosemite to El Capitan, and switched on iCloud Drive, all documents that were in the old iCloud were migrated to iCloud Drive, and are no longer visible to devices not capable of accessing iCloud Drive. That would be IOS 8 (but not 8.1), or older, or other Macs without Yosemite and iCloud Drive enabled.

Open a Finder Window, if iCloud Drive is not present in your Favorites sidebar, then in Finder Preferences : Sidebar tab : select iCloud Drive.

Look inside the iCloud Drive : Pages folder, or if Pages is not shown, then in System Preferences : iCloud panel — iCloud Drive Options… Check Pages. Now, you will have a Pages folder appearing on iCloud Drive. You should also be signed into iCloud in this panel.

Apr 19, 2016 9:25 AM in response to JayMiller3

There is no preference in Pages v5 that specifies a default save location. You would have noticed this in about 5 seconds if you had looked in the preferences.

The default save location for a Pages document is initially where you save it. The next Pages document that you open and save, will remember where the previous document was saved, and offer that folder in a Save panel, where you can do nothing, or choose another folder.

El Capitan update : lost Pages files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.