Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is the Mavericks installer file in the Mac App Store?

I am using Mavericks in my MacBook Pro and I want to create a bootable install drive (USB drive) with Mavericks.

I went to the Mac App Store to download the file, but I cannot find it.

I checked in "purchases" and also did a search on "mavericks" but the installer file was not found.

Where can I find it?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), iPod Touch and iPad Air 2

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 2:47 PM

8 replies

Oct 10, 2015 3:45 PM in response to Niel

Hi Niel,

Thank you for your reply. I already logged in with my Apple ID and I don't have any "mavericks" file in the Purchases tab.

I also tried to unhide any hidden purchases, but I don't have any hidden purchases (I did not get the button to "view Hidden Purchases"; only links to upgrade my credit card information and things like that).

I upgraded from Snow Leopard to Mavericks in January 2014 and I downloaded the file either from the Mac App Store or from one of the support apple pages.

I don't remember needing my apple ID to download Mavericks, but I needed it to continue after the login screen when doing the installation.

Is there any other place where I can find the Mavericks installer file?

Oct 12, 2015 11:01 AM in response to RicMoli

The only place that you could download an installer app for Mavericks was the Mac App Store. And you would have needed to be logged into your account for the Mac App Store with your Apple ID to get the installer. So it perplexing why you don't see it in the Purchased pane of the Mac App Store if you are logged in using the same Apple ID that was previously used to originally download Mavericks.

User uploaded file

Late 2012 Mac mini, OS X El Capitan 10.11; Apple Watch, 38 mm silver AL, Watch OS 2; iPad Air 2 & iPhone 6+, iOS 9.0.2

Oct 10, 2015 4:50 PM in response to Dah•veed

Yes, it is perplexing. I already signed in with my two Apple ID's and none of them showed "mavericks" in the purchased tab (nor with the hidden purchases option). Maybe because it was a free upgrade?

Well, I guess I will wait until I upgrade to El Capitan to create my bootable install drive (USB drive).

Thanks anyway.

Where is the Mavericks installer file in the Mac App Store?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.