Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

calendar not syncing to google calendar

IOS 9.0.2 iPhone 6S Plus

I'm entering items on my phone with my default google calendar but when I go to the google calendar the items are not syncing. If I enter an item on my google calendar they appear in the iPhone but it's not working in the opposite direction. I've turned off calendar in settings and back on and it's till not syncing. I have it on fetch not manual. What's the issue?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 2:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2015 6:20 PM

I have the same problem.

I've been narrowing the problem to locations: it seems that events for which I add a location in my iOS calendar do not sync, whereas the others do.

6 replies

Nov 18, 2015 12:08 PM in response to Hugo H

Holy cow - that is IT! I have tried every other solution on this forum. I deleted my calendar on my ios device, re-added the account. No work. I shut off wireless, used cellular to refresh - did not work. This all started not when I got my first iPhone 6S in April - but when I just got a replacement device this week (identical iPhone 6S.)

I created a gmail email account, with a new gmail address to see if that was the issue (my google account was only for the calendar - never used gmail) - that didn't help.

I created the two step Google verification process thinking that was it - didn't work.

I could see the google calendar entries made by other devices or through my Mac on my phone, but any entries I made on the phone did NOT populate / sync to other devices.

UNTIL I REMOVED THE LOCATION. Now it worked. So the question is - what's the problem with the location????

calendar not syncing to google calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.