Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am not able to connect the wifi with home network but works with hotspot of mobile. I have tried all the solutions on net but everytime I connect to home network it shows for diagnostics. I don't know now what to do...

I am not able to connect the wifi with home network but works with hotspot of mobile. I have tried all the solutions on net but everytime I connect to home network it shows for diagnostics. I don't know now what to do...

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), iOS 8

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 3:55 PM

3 replies

Oct 10, 2015 7:48 PM in response to nrg_enjoy

What is the modem.. make and model??

What is the airport router? Model and firmware?

Are you connecting it LAN modem to WAN apple router with a known working ethernet cable?

Give us screenshots of the setup from airport utility in your Mac and we can suggest what is wrong.

Just one thing that tricks people if you have cable modem.. then did you shut down the modem for 20min at least .. and then when you start it up the TC is the only thing connected. Using DHCP on the WAN (internet connection type) it should be able to get the public IP. If that fails ring the cable company and ask for help.

If it is fibre the apple routers can fail for entirely different reason.. I need the details to help you.

Oct 10, 2015 8:34 PM in response to LaPastenague

Actually I am using this router from last 6 months and till now with Mac I never had this problem.

Last week I have repaired my video card from Apple service center and now the problem have start.

I am using ARRIS-CB42 router and Mega Cable internet service in Puebla, Mexico.

I have two laptops Toshiba and Macbook Pro. All the other devices are connected properly without any problem only Mac is not getting connected.

I am using OSX Yosemite 10.10.5.

Also the file com.apple.network.identification.plist file is missing.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.