Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

column width

how did they break this functionality.

Is there a fix.

how can you set the column width in List View in Applescript these days. I'm on 10.10.5 Yosemite

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 4:41 PM

3 replies

Oct 10, 2015 11:55 PM in response to FCPeditor

Hello

As far as I can tell with OS X 10.6.8, the following script works as expected. Does it no longer work under for OS X 10.10?

tell application "Finder" tell Finder window 1 set current view to list view tell its list view options tell column id name column set width to 300 end tell end tell --set f to target -- [2] --close -- [1] end tell --open f -- [2] (* [1] may be required to close it to reflect changes. [Finder's BUG] [2] reopen it (optional) *) end tell

H

Oct 11, 2015 10:37 AM in response to Hiroto

this does NOT work on my 10.10.5 OS. I used to use this a lot in scripts I wrote. I noticed it not working at least back to 10.8. Also, since I upgraded to Yosemite, Script Editor does crazy things like the window will make itself the width of the screen, text will only be 5-15 characters wide and it reformats the page. I have to quit as soon as possible so it doesn't get corrupted to the point of no return. whats going on. Apple is supposed to make things better not worse.

Oct 11, 2015 1:17 PM in response to FCPeditor

Hi FCPeditor. This generally works, if somewhat inconsistently:

tell application "Finder" set listView to target of front Finder window set the current view of front Finder window to list view set width of column id name column of list view options of front Finder window to 250 set width of column id modification date column of list view options of front Finder window to 150 --etc. close front Finder window open listView end tell

Tested using OS X Yosemite 10.10.5.

column width

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.