Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I setup forward proxy in El Capitan Server

The Mountain Lion instructions to setup forwadr proxy tells me to go to the Web tab and click Proxy. I cant see this in the Admin pages for OSX server running on El Capitan. Is Forward proxy a supported feature of OSX Server interface?

Mac mini, OS X Server, El Capitan

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 7:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 2:08 PM

peter.christie wrote:

The Mountain Lion instructions to setup forwadr proxy tells me to go to the Web tab and click Proxy. I cant see this in the Admin pages for OSX server running on El Capitan. Is Forward proxy a supported feature of OSX Server interface?

No it is no longer a feature of the Server interface. In theory you could hand edit an Apache site configuration file to do this but you might want to consider installing Squid proxy server instead which is far, far more powerful and still free.

Note: Related to the above, it is possible to configure the Mac DHCP and DNS servers to support web proxy auto discovery (WPAD).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2015 2:08 PM in response to peter.christie

peter.christie wrote:

No it is no longer a feature of the Server interface. In theory you could hand edit an Apache site configuration file to do this but you might want to consider installing Squid proxy server instead which is far, far more powerful and still free.

Note: Related to the above, it is possible to configure the Mac DHCP and DNS servers to support web proxy auto discovery (WPAD).

How do I setup forward proxy in El Capitan Server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.