Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Live photo not showing on my Apple Watch

hi I have purchased the new iPhone 6S Plus and has upgraded to IOS9.0.2 and watch 2.0

i took a number of Live photo on my iPhone 6S and it's showing live photo probably on my iPhone 6S

those photos are downloaded to Watch

but they don't seem to show live photo.

also I don't see a Live Photo complicatias option on watch face (I tried scrolling the watch faces and also hit the + sign and try to add other watch complication and the Live Photo complication does not show up

anyone encounter this?

Posted on Oct 11, 2015 12:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2015 7:46 AM

Try restarting both your iPhone and your watch. Turn both devices off first, then restart your iPhone before restarting your watch:

- To turn your watch off: press and hold the side button until you see the Power Off slider; drag the slider to turn off.

- To turn it back on: press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.

Also ensure that you are allowing sufficient time for the Live Photos to finish syncing before viewing them.

It is not presently possible to add complications to the Photo watch face - the only customisable feature is the photo itself. If you would like Apple to consider adding this feature, you can suggest that here (all submissions are read, but you should not expect to receive a reply):

https://www.apple.com/feedback/watch.html

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2015 7:46 AM in response to jas123456

Try restarting both your iPhone and your watch. Turn both devices off first, then restart your iPhone before restarting your watch:

- To turn your watch off: press and hold the side button until you see the Power Off slider; drag the slider to turn off.

- To turn it back on: press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.

Also ensure that you are allowing sufficient time for the Live Photos to finish syncing before viewing them.

It is not presently possible to add complications to the Photo watch face - the only customisable feature is the photo itself. If you would like Apple to consider adding this feature, you can suggest that here (all submissions are read, but you should not expect to receive a reply):

https://www.apple.com/feedback/watch.html

Live photo not showing on my Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.