Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New ipod 6th generation has updated to IOS9.0.2 and now will not connect to itunes on my PC (Windows 7 Pro) running iTunes 12.1.2.27. Can anyone help?

Just received new ipod touch 6th gen for son's birthday. On initial setup he could see it on iTunes on my Windows 7 Pro 64 bit PC. Then he performed a Software update to IOS 9.0.2. When I plugged ipod into PC again and looked at iTunes, it says "The ipod cannot be used because it requires a newer version of iTunes. Go to iTunes.com/uk to download the latest version of iTunes". My PC is running iTunes 12.1.2.27. I am not very technical and would appreciate whatever help anyone can offer me. Thank you.

iPod touch, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 11, 2015 1:02 AM

3 replies

Oct 13, 2015 1:44 PM in response to lllaass

A fortnight ago iTunes asked whether my iPod Touch should be updated and I allowed it. When I next tried to access my iPod, iTunes issued the message above. I tried to update to iTunes 12.3, but my PC is running Windows Vista, so the update failed.

Now I am left with two items of Apple software which will not communicate. I cannot update iTunes and obviously cannot revert on my iPod. How was this allowed to happen and what can I do about it?

New ipod 6th generation has updated to IOS9.0.2 and now will not connect to itunes on my PC (Windows 7 Pro) running iTunes 12.1.2.27. Can anyone help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.