Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is this iPhone 6s charger fake?

Hi

I just bought a new iPhone charger from eBay from a big seller with hundreds of thousands of feedback listing the item as "100% Genuine apple charger" I wanted a spare to save running around the house looking for the only 1 I had.

I have read so many problems people have had with chargers and blowing up etc so when it arrived I was a bit concerned, at first look the charger I bought looks identical but reading forums it says a good way to tell a fake is the weight. My charger that came with the iPhone and is genuine weighs 42.8grams this other weighs 38.4grams. Where the top pin on the plug is also the Apple logo on the possible fake is ever so slightly closer to the pin than the 1 that I know is genuine.

The seller claims it is genuine and they only sell genuine products, I know it is my fault to be honest for trying to save some money buying from eBay but eBay have strict rules around sending counterfeit products so thought I would be safe.

From the findings above would anyone else conclude the charger is a fake?

Posted on Oct 11, 2015 3:51 AM

2 replies

Is this iPhone 6s charger fake?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.