Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Performance on iOS 9 - iPad Air

Hi! So here's my question:

I have an iPad Air, and it's running iOS 8.4.1 . I upgraded my iPhone 5s to iOS 9.1 beta 4 (previously on iOS 9.0.2), and from what I've seen, the A7 chip does a fairly good job running this version of iOS. However, I've noticed a bit of lag opening control center, multitasking and spotlight, and when my iPad was on 9 beta, I saw the same situation. So, I'd like to ask to people with an iPad Air, if they're facing performance struggles on their iPads and if it runs smoothly. Also, is it worth to update, or should I keep on 8.4.1?

Posted on Oct 11, 2015 6:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2015 6:58 AM

I have the one before iPad Air a iPad 4. For me IOS 9 is a unqualified success. It's far more polished then when IOS 7 or 8 first can out. Not only does it run like new it takes up less room meaning I can put off buying a ne iPad for a year or two.

The one warning, things can go bad during a update. Protect yourself with a iTunes or iCloud backup.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2015 6:58 AM in response to Henrique00

I have the one before iPad Air a iPad 4. For me IOS 9 is a unqualified success. It's far more polished then when IOS 7 or 8 first can out. Not only does it run like new it takes up less room meaning I can put off buying a ne iPad for a year or two.

The one warning, things can go bad during a update. Protect yourself with a iTunes or iCloud backup.

Nov 4, 2015 11:03 PM in response to Henrique00

Since updating to IOS 9.0.2 I've had problems to the point I tried a hard reset and had very limited success, so I thought. It got to the point where I couldn't even turn it on after a good charging. At this time I was unaware of using Itunes to help me get it back to working order. So, I sent it off to be repaired by an authorized repair facility and was told they just wiped the drive clean and installed IOS 9.1 on it and got it working for me. I received it and it worked fine for a couple of weeks, but then started giving me trouble after I turned it off for the night, and then tried turning it on the next day and it wouldn't. I haven't had any problems with it holding a charge or draining the battery too quickly when it was working. I eventually discovered I could use Itunes to try and get it working again and tried twice to get it restored and it went through the process and allowed me to run through the set-up. Unfortunately when I went to download the apps I had on it again it would stop working and wouldn't allow me to turn it on again. It will be two years sometime next month that I have had it. I believe if I could install a version of IOS 8 I could get it working correctly again. So, I'd recommend sticking with what you have now. I'd hate to see you wind up with one you can't use like mine.

Performance on iOS 9 - iPad Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.