Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gaming on Mac/Graphic Design.

Hello everyone, thank you very much for taking the time to read my questions. I am VERY new to Apple products and those that I have I love. I was looking at getting a Macbook as my next investment. Unfortunately I do not think that I can afford a new Macbook so I was looking at used. I was wondering if you all have a suggestion when it comes to video cards. I have had a hard time trying to find specs on the video cards that are in Macbooks and want to make sure I get one that can handle the "lite" gaming that I do (ie League of Legends, Smite, and World of Warcraft) and be able to do photo/video editing from my DSLR and GoPro. I don't mind too much on screen size because when i am at home i have a 27" AOC. Any help would be great. Thanks again for your time.

Posted on Oct 11, 2015 6:42 AM

3 replies

Oct 11, 2015 6:54 AM in response to eekless

- Without a price range you are looking at it is hard to suggest anything. Also where are you located?

Al the recent MacBook Pros have a graphics unit integral to the CPU and some have separate, discrete graphics units. For some models the discrete graphics unit is optional.

- If you look at the Graphics line of the following

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacBook_Pro

you can see what model can have what graphics units.

- Ones with discrete graphics units will be better for games and apps that use the graphics processor for computations like some photo editing apps.

This is the Mac Pro desktop forum. I requested your post be moved to the MacBook Pro laptop forum.

Oct 14, 2015 8:47 AM in response to eekless

If u are looking for gaming then go only for laptops with additional GPU. that means Macbook pro 15".

2013 MAcbook pro retina 15" will do.

However, you will have constant problems while using mac for gaming, even lite. Most of the programs are not compatible, and even mac dedicated lunchers arent working properly (like eve online for ex). Also, under El Captain, Apple has decided to cut us off from games that are few years old. have that in mind.

You will end up installing windows on you mac.

Gaming on Mac/Graphic Design.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.