Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote remote loses connection

I'm an actress, I do a live one woman stage show with over 100 images/videos in keynote. It's a great program, the presenter notes cue the theater's technician when to change the next slide. I use my ipad on stage as a teleprompter to alert me to the next slide coming up if I lose my place in the show. I'm following what appears to be the latest instructions on how to connect the devices. Sometimes it starts out fine but the connection gets lost. These are the latest instructions I'm using: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204378 I've tried connecting by creating a network, joining a wifi network, just turning wifi on and not joining any network, bluetooth, etc. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Oct 11, 2015 7:25 AM

1 reply

Oct 11, 2015 8:23 AM in response to karenthekak

The advice from Apple is correct and uptodate.

The list of problems associated with WiFi in a non-home environment are all associated with unrealistic expectations from signal strength:

router placed further than the maximum operating distance away from iPads

transmitting through a wall or floor

the building uses steel girders in construction

a large amount of electrical cabling, (the lighting rig) causing interference

In large performance arenas and conference venues, we only connect computers using cabled connections, it is a much more reliable and stronger signal, reaching distances in hundreds of feet, not a few dozen feet as with WiFi

when WiFi is used, the transmitter is our own system that we have complete control over, it placed in line of sight of the iPads and only a few feet away, behind flats on stage or in the wings.

Keynote remote loses connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.