Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multicam locking up during syncing

I'm trying to create a multicam clip from two angles, but it gets about 1/8th of the way into the sync before it locks up. I've tried using two different computers and tried deleting all the files and re-importing, and it always locks up at the same place.

Background: I was using two cameras, each of which split the clips into six files each. My first step is creating compound clips for each angle, then trying to create a multicam clip from those two files. To troubleshoot, I tried creating a multicam clip just from the first segments of each angle, and it still locks up in the same place.

Any suggestions?

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Oct 11, 2015 8:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2015 10:14 AM

Don't do the compound clip step. Not sure what you're actually trying to do there, but it's not going to help.

What are the complete media specs? Can you try other clips to see if it's a media problem.

5 replies

Oct 11, 2015 10:21 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

I'm making a compound clip because i'm trying to switch back and forth between two angles, not 12. also, one of the cameras hadn't been white balanced, and i don't want to color correct the six separate files making up that angle. So that's why I combined those six clips into a single compound video and color corrected it as a whole.

I should note that I successfully edited a video before like this. Was it just it just dumb luck then?

Multicam locking up during syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.