Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore fail error 9

HI there my ipad mini is in recovery mode error 9 it gets to loading software on ipad mini and the the apple logo and loading bar then the screen goes off and

iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 11, 2015 7:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2015 12:48 PM

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ipad+error+code+9

5 replies

May 4, 2016 3:45 PM in response to kristy4x

If you see error 9, 4005, 4013, or 4014 when you restore your iOS device - Apple Support

redsnow is a hack and destroys the innate security of iOS. Discussion of redsnow and its

ilk is not permitted by Terms of Use of this forum.

Your favorite search engine may provide some direction. Be advised use of such software

has been known to render iPhones unusable and un-recoverable.

Nov 7, 2016 12:16 AM in response to gdgmacguy

Okay so this is what worked for me, tried and tested on TWO DEVICES! And I didn't see it anywhere else on the internet, I just figured it out. On my iPad (and many others) I saw a black screen, and then the Apple logo, the iPad trying to reboot, in a constant loop.

Here's what worked for me.

1.) when the screen is black, hold down both the power and home button, for ten seconds.

2.) after the 10 seconds, don't let go until you see a black screen again. DO NOT let got of anything on the Apple logo.

3.) AFTER the 10 seconds when you see the back screen, straight away, take your finger off of the sleep/wake/power button, but leave your finger on the home button for 5+ seconds until you are sure that the screen will STAY black.

For me, this seemed to be the only way to get the iPad into some weird state. ITunes recognised it as "recovery mode" however the screen was completely blank.

4.) let iTunes do its thing. When iTunes recognises this device, click on restore and update.

5.) if iTunes does not recognise the device, or the boot screen and the black screen loop starts again, then got back to step 1 and keep trying. It took me a few attempts, and it didn't work first time through iTunes, but eventually it did.

The iPad was restored and is in full working order, with no "hardware" issues or "oblecence" issues as Apple would have you believe. This was on a 6 month old iPad Air 2 by the way. Don't believe all that Apple tells you. But this works!!!

Restore fail error 9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.