Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 9 and Safari: is there a way to delete browsing history WITHOUT deleting cookies anymore?

Is there a way to delete browsing history WITHOUT deleting cookies/previously entered passwords etc. in safari using iOS 9?

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 11, 2015 9:02 AM

1 reply

Apr 30, 2016 8:11 AM in response to jbs12975

I just had a chat with Darryl at Apple support and he confirmed there is no way to delete history anymore w/o deleting cookies, but he claimed they were not aware this is even a problem!! He also confirmed, even though this forum is on and directed from the apple website, no one from apple bothers to read it. He said the only way to bring it to their attention is if we all write to apple feedback instead of here.

I recommend going through the support process so you get a case number. I can't believe I was the first one ever though to mention it. having to sign into a site several times a day is more than annoying, especially financial sites that I have to reverify each time. So, I quit deleting history, but now months of cache on my snail isp has slowed down my browser so bad I can barely use safari.

Can't imagine what was going through the programmer's mind when they pulled this stunt. head shake.

iOS 9 and Safari: is there a way to delete browsing history WITHOUT deleting cookies anymore?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.