Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mophie stopped working after iOS 9 update

""This cable or accessory is not certified and may not work reliably with this iPhone" Suddenly I am getting this message when I try to use my Mophie case to charge my iPhone 6. Didn't have this problem until the iOS 9 update. If Apple is selling these in their stores how are they suddenly not certified!?

I don't have any trouble charging with the lightening cable after removing the phone from the Mophie. I can't be the only person with this issue.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 11, 2015 8:29 AM

32 replies

Dec 21, 2017 7:54 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Umm, if you guys even did a cursory google search about this problem, you’d see that it is very common right after some of the recent updates. So, it is in fact a software issue on Apple’s end. Some speculate that it is actually by design, because the Mophie case phenomenon was interfering with the planned obsolescence cycle of the iPhone, and getting people to hold onto their existing phones longer, hurting profits.

I read the whole thread, and I can honestly say I’ve never seen a more condescending, smug group of charlatans, who actually know very little. Maybe next time, only respond if you have anything of actual substance to add to the discussion, rather than knee-jerk assumptions without any real thought.

Dec 21, 2017 8:30 AM in response to CoreAndExplore

CoreAndExplore wrote:

Umm, if you guys even did a cursory google search about this problem, you’d see that it is very common right after some of the recent updates. So, it is in fact a software issue on Apple’s end. Some speculate that it is actually by design, because the Mophie case phenomenon was interfering with the planned obsolescence cycle of the iPhone, and getting people to hold onto their existing phones longer, hurting profits.

I can also do a google search about people being abducted by aliens. It turns out it's pretty common. I've been using mophie charging cases since my iPhone 5, if I recall. I've never had a problem. I've had the current case on my iPhone 7+ since well before iOS 11 and it continues to work just fine. And, in the ten years or so that the major U.S. cellular carrier for whom I worked doing, among other things, front line customer technical support, I never observed this as a common problem.

I don't know what "the Mophie case phenomenon was interfering with the planned obsolescence cycle" means.

Thank you for your kind words and appreciation of the hard work volunteers do in this forum.

Best of luck.

Oct 11, 2015 11:32 AM in response to Allan Eckert

Gee Allan, thanks for yet another friendly reply! Given that this was the first time I had ever used these forums, I didn't realize that the host was a different person from the poster. I now understand that there are some people here who are not necessarily friendly and helpful. If I ever bother to try to ask another question here I'll try and do a better job so as not to upset the elite who hang out and talk down to people rather than try to be helpful with their vast wealth of knowledge about Apple products. Thanks for setting me straight. 😐

Mophie stopped working after iOS 9 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.