Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

error downloading app from app store a second time

Hello,

I get an error when I try to download some apps from the mac app store usually after uninstalling and then reinstalling the same app.

I have tried deleting the app and it deletes but then when I try reinstalling it I get an error message saying there was an error downloading the app.

My computer is a Macbook Pro 15 inch retina with 16 gigs of ram and 256 gigs storage. i7 iris pro graphics. I have 171 gigs left on the hard drive. It is only some apps that won't download and others download just fine.

I am new to Mac but am enjoying my macbook pro very much but I wish I could fix the problem from the Mac App store I'm having now. I have OS X El Capitan installed currently which I downloaded from the app store.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11), 15 inch retina Iris Pro 16 gigs ram

Posted on Oct 11, 2015 10:44 AM

7 replies

Oct 11, 2015 5:50 PM in response to allenb1952

Launch the Console application in any of the following ways:

☞ Enter the first few letters of its name into a Spotlight search. Select it in the results (it should be at the top.)

☞ In the Finder, select Go ▹ Utilities from the menu bar, or press the key combination shift-command-U. The application is in the folder that opens.

☞ Open LaunchPad and start typing the name.

The title of the Console window should be All Messages. If it isn't, select

SYSTEM LOG QUERIES ▹ All Messages

from the log list on the left. If you don't see that list, select

View ▹ Show Log List

from the menu bar at the top of the screen.

Click the Clear Display icon in the toolbar. Then take an action that isn't working the way you expect. Select any lines that appear in the Console window. Copy them to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. Paste into a reply to this message by pressing command-V.

The log contains a vast amount of information, almost all of which is irrelevant to solving any particular problem. When posting a log extract, be selective. A few dozen lines are almost always more than enough.

Please don't indiscriminately dump thousands of lines from the log into this discussion.

Please don't post screenshots of log messages—post the text.

Some private information, such as your name or email address, may appear in the log. Anonymize before posting.

When you post the log extract, you might see an error message on the web page: "You have included content in your post that is not permitted," or "The message contains invalid characters." That's a bug in the forum software. Please post the text on Pastebin, then post a link here to the page you created.

Oct 13, 2015 6:48 AM in response to Linc Davis

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I wanted to add that I wiped the drive and then reinstalled El Capitan yesterday because I thought that would solve the problem. Coming from a Windows environment that usually fixed things most times. To my surprise I am still not able to install certain apps from the app store and they are the same apps that would not install to begin with before I did the clean install of El Capitan yesterday.

Here are some of the logs that you requested.

Thank you again for your time.

10/13/15 8:01:42.181 AM Safari[607]: tcp_connection_tls_session_error_callback_imp 10 __tcp_connection_tls_session_callback_write_block_invoke.434 error 22

10/13/15 8:13:13.630 AM SpotlightNetHelper[363]: tcp_connection_tls_session_error_callback_imp 19 __tcp_connection_tls_session_callback_write_block_invoke.434 error 22

10/13/15 8:13:13.630 AM SpotlightNetHelper[363]: tcp_connection_tls_session_error_callback_imp 20 __tcp_connection_tls_session_callback_write_block_invoke.434 error 22

10/13/15 8:15:56.733 AM CalendarAgent[320]: [com.apple.calendar.store.log.caldav.coredav] [Refusing to parse response to PROPPATCH because of content-type: [text/html; charset=UTF-8].]

10/13/15 8:16:53.360 AM Safari[607]: tcp_connection_tls_session_error_callback_imp 13 __tcp_connection_tls_session_callback_write_block_invoke.434 error 22

10/13/15 8:20:16.947 AM Mail[286]: Error while parsing IMAP response * FETCH 0(): Read failure

Remaining text: <>

Full text: <* 342 FETCH (UID 52746 BODY[3]<0> {204318}>

10/13/15 8:21:36.792 AM Mail[286]: Failed a step of SASL authentication

SASL(-1): generic failure: XOAUTH2 requires user

10/13/15 8:21:41.504 AM com.apple.AddressBook.InternetAccountsBridge[429]: [AOSAccounts] : [__49-[ACAccountStore(iCloudAccount) icaAppleAccounts]_block_invoke] : accountsWithAccountType returned error: Error Domain=com.apple.accounts Code=9 "(null)"

10/13/15 8:21:41.965 AM secd[318]: SOSAccountThisDeviceCanSyncWithCircle sync with device failure: Error Domain=com.apple.security.sos.error Code=1035 "Account identity not set" UserInfo={NSDescription=Account identity not set}

10/13/15 8:21:51.527 AM com.apple.AddressBook.ContactsAccountsService[317]: [Accounts] Current connection, <NSXPCConnection: 0x7fda7d103240> connection from pid 296, doesn't have account access.

10/13/15 8:21:51.528 AM sharingd[296]: [Accounts] Failed to update account with identifier E32030C1-8606-477B-B690-B6E098281C26, error: Error Domain=ABAddressBookErrorDomain Code=1002 "(null)"

10/13/15 8:24:48.870 AM sandboxd[122]: ([349]) storeaccountd(349) deny file-write-create /Users/allenbard852/Library/Caches/com.apple.Spotlight/ProductionBag

10/13/15 8:25:52.901 AM secd[318]: SOSAccountThisDeviceCanSyncWithCircle sync with device failure: Error Domain=com.apple.security.sos.error Code=1035 "Account identity not set" UserInfo={NSDescription=Account identity not set}

10/13/15 8:25:52.901 AM secd[318]: SOSAccountThisDeviceCanSyncWithCircle sync with device failure: Error Domain=com.apple.security.sos.error Code=1035 "Account identity not set" UserInfo={NSDescription=Account identity not set}

Oct 14, 2015 1:06 PM in response to allenb1952

Back up all data before proceeding.

Triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it:

~/Library/Caches/com.apple.Spotlight

Right-click or control-click the highlighted line and select

Services Reveal in Finder (or just Reveal)

from the contextual menu.* A folder should open with an item selected. Move the selected item to the Trash. Log out or restart the computer and empty the Trash.

*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar and paste into the box that opens by pressing command-V. You may not see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

Oct 14, 2015 2:12 PM in response to Linc Davis

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion. I tried that and unfortunately it did not work. I contacted Apple support this morning because I have a 90 day free support by phone and they logged onto my macbook pro and spent about 25 minutes trying to help with this issue. There conclusion is that this is a 3rd party issue and it is up to them to update there code for these apps and games that are not downloading since upgrading to El Capitan.

I'm not sure if this is a cop-out on there part, but it is not all games and apps but just some of them where I get the same error message of "Download failed try again from the Purchasing page". I have noticed several people with similar issues are having the same problem with the same error message. So far I have not seen a solution that has worked for the most part.

If you have anymore suggestions I am open to anything that you think might fix the issue. If it is an issue with the sellers not updating there code to work with El Captian, as apple support claims, then there is little anyone can do until the sellers fix the issue on there end.

Thank you again for your your input and help.

Oct 14, 2015 3:06 PM in response to Linc Davis

Apple claims that it is not on there end but on the seller of the softwares end. They said that the seller needs to update there code for the software

to work with El Capitan.

The person I spoke with today tried to download the same free games and apps that I did from the App store, and she got the same error message as I did on her computer over there at Apple support.

It seems to me it could be a software glitch with the app store itself, but that is not Apple support's position.

Oct 14, 2015 11:37 PM in response to allenb1952

I was able to fix my particular issue myself by turning on firewall. I noticed that it was turned off. I guess by default after installing a clean copy of El Captan. Now everything from the App store downloads successfully.

And I had Apple techs log onto my computer for the last two days and they missed that. Anyways I hope that this helps some of you who are having the same issue.

Thanks

error downloading app from app store a second time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.