Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Part of page cut off while printing PDFs from Preview

Hi

I recently bought a new printer (EPSON WorkForce WF-2630).

Since today, whenever I try to print a PDF file form Preview, the printer fails to align the page in the middle of the sheet, it moves the right and upper sides of the page outside the top and right margins of the paper, so it cuts off part of the text. The strange thing is that it prints pictures (JPEGs, PNGs...) perfectly fine, and if I try to print the PDF with Adobe Acrobat the problem doesn't occur.

I tried resetting the printing system, changing all the possible settings both on my Mac's printers settings and on the printer itself - all attempts were unsuccessful.

I thought that maybe it's because I had the awful idea to install some EPSON software that came with the printer, I uninstalled it using the utility I downloaded from EPSON website, but I don't know if it actually removed it completely.

Any ideas?

I have a MacBook Pro 15-inch mid 2014 running El Capitan

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Oct 11, 2015 11:23 AM

5 replies

Oct 15, 2015 10:10 AM in response to Oceansoul221

I just spent an hour with Apple support on this issue. I have a Macbook Pro with Retina display using El Capitan with an Epson WF 3520 printer. If I try to print a landscape document, it prints the document as portrait and cuts off part of the left hand side of the document. Apple support states that they are unaware of the issue. After many attempts they declared the issue was that of the printer driver needing updating. We re-installed the printer with the newest print driver from Epson and that failed also. I contacted Epson support and went thru the same process. The confirmed that they have not released an updated driver for El Capitan. They said that they generally release new drivers every 6 months +/-. I did find a workaround that partially solves the issue, sort of. Uncheck auto-rotate, select Portrait, select scale and reduce the scale to approximately 75%. This will allow you to print the document in landscape mode but the printed portion will only be 8.5 inches wide across the paper. Other than that, wait for the new driver or move back to the previous OS version.

Part of page cut off while printing PDFs from Preview

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.