Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wi fi supply via phone supply

i wish to get an internet signal to update my macbook pro and sony tv whilst traveling abroad and using my i phone 5s (4g network) how can i do this i,ve tried a usb adaptor but it only supplies ethernet connection(via usb) possible solution maybe by using phone access(wi fi-usb) to airport module and then supply my macbook pro and tv with internet signal via wi fi will this be possible

Posted on Oct 11, 2015 11:24 AM

3 replies

Oct 11, 2015 10:34 PM in response to LaPastenague

thanks for that but have tried and it supplies wi fi internet to macbook pro no problem the problem arises getting internet to sony tv which will not detect wi fi so have purchased a usb to ethernet connector(apple) via macbook connection, ethernet connection works fine to network but will not supply internet as there is some detail about ip address through connector not sure what

can i supply wi fi to airport via phone wifi/usb and then connect directly to airport via ethernet cable to supply internet enabled cable to tv and network for photos etc from phone or macbook

Oct 11, 2015 10:55 PM in response to vickyglip

Plug the phone in by USB lightening cable and setup the Mac as ICS..

Plug the TV into the Mac by ethernet.. but it is hugely better easier and smarter to buy a standard 3G/4G hotspot which just about any phone company around the world will supply for very reasonable prices.. and it will work with anything.. the problem with Apple is compatibility with rest of the world products.

wi fi supply via phone supply

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.