Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't shuffle genres in iOS 9 music app

You'd think I'd have learned not to update my phone (iPhone 6+, 128 gb) after all these years. Sigh... Apparently I have poor impulse control because my phone is now running iOS 9.02. It's not bad EXCEPT for the new music player, which I HATE. Worst problem: can' shuffle a full genre. You can shuffle one album in a genre, but not the whole genre all at once, which I used to do a lot. I hope I'm just overlooking something obvious. Help? (PS: Dear Apple, Please stop "fixing" things that aren't broken.)

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 11, 2015 1:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2015 7:04 AM

To anyone looking, I chatted with Apple live chat personnel and they enlightened me. Theres a new feature where instead of clicking on the genre's text or the "..." to the right of it, you can simply click the image or grey square on the lefthand side to begin playing the songs in the genre. Then, simply select shuffle in the "now playing" tab and all songs in that genre will shuffle.

Not very intuitive, but effective I guess.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2015 7:04 AM in response to Ralf Diogenes

To anyone looking, I chatted with Apple live chat personnel and they enlightened me. Theres a new feature where instead of clicking on the genre's text or the "..." to the right of it, you can simply click the image or grey square on the lefthand side to begin playing the songs in the genre. Then, simply select shuffle in the "now playing" tab and all songs in that genre will shuffle.

Not very intuitive, but effective I guess.

Can't shuffle genres in iOS 9 music app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.