Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 9 does not allow Touch ID approval for family share purchases?

iOS 8 allowed me to approve Family Share purchases from my kids with Touch ID. Since upgrading to iOS 9, Touch ID is no longer an option to approve purchase requests from my kids.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 11, 2015 11:33 AM

9 replies

Nov 28, 2015 9:56 AM in response to marcfromsaintsauv

I Completely agree! Between apple pay not working for crap, and now this! *** Apple? Do you hear your custumers at all? We're sick of having features we like and then have them taken away! I'll tell you I have a new google card and it only took 3 minutes to add 4 credit cards and bank account to google wallet! I'm a staunch apple supporter, but your really trying my patience and my loyalty! Never underestimate the power of a customer who's been taken for granted! Guess this doesn't fix anything, but since Apple is the only ones who can I strongly urge all to complain about anything and everything! If they keep ignoring us Google will gladly listen, as well as Microsoft! Ugh I hate the M-word! You guys have really got me ****** Apple! Your gonna have to earn my loyalty back!

-Jay-

Jan 4, 2016 2:38 AM in response to eschloss

It's not a disabled feature but a bug.
If you have multiple approvers (like my wife and I), then you can confirm that the issue only occurs if you *cancel* the Touch ID approval even just once.
From that point forward, it will only asks you for a password, never Touch ID anymore.

You must go to the following link: Contact Apple Support

Select iPhone, then iTunes/App store, then "This is not listed", then select email or chat/phone and enter "Touch ID no longer prompted to approve family purchase".
They might tell you to reset all settings and/or restore the device but none of that works.
Then they will escalate to Level 2 support as a bug. If we all do this, then it'll get fixed in the next iOS update.

Please pass the word around.

iOS 9 does not allow Touch ID approval for family share purchases?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.