Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Touch 5th Gen (vers. 9.0.2) not recognised by iTunes (12.3.0.44) running on Windows 10

Hello,

I feel I've run out of ideas for solving this issue, I have tried almost everything.

So as per the heading my iPod isn't being recognized by iTunes, which I recently updated.

I've had the iPod for months now and have synced it many times with this computer.

First off, I called an Apple customer service agent who gave many suggestions (Checking Apple Mobile Support Driver etc)

We settled on the presumption that possibly Norton Security (22.5.4.24) was blocking the iPod from being recognized in iTunes.

(It is worth pointing out that Windows recognized the device and I was able to see it on Windows Explorer.)

After much contact with Norton, adjusting settings such as switching off Smart Start-Up (it remains off), the iPod still isn't being recognized in iTunes I then uninstalled Norton Security, rebooted and connected the iPod - still nothing.

So this leads me to believe it has nothing to do with the antivirus program.

It isn't a problem with the usb cable, as I was able to connect my iPod to another laptop with iTunes running Windows 7 successfully. I've reset, restored and done about everything I can think of with the iPod and still nothing.

I've even went so far to download an alternative program to iTunes! But curiously, this program doesn't recognize the iPod either. I can't win!

So please, is there anyone out there who has any ideas or had a similar experience?

Losing the will to live here. Just want my music on the go!

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 8.3, iTunes version 12.1.2.27

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 8.3, iTunes version 12.1.2.27

Posted on Oct 11, 2015 12:33 PM

2 replies

iPod Touch 5th Gen (vers. 9.0.2) not recognised by iTunes (12.3.0.44) running on Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.