Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to back up macpro

how to back up MacPro

how to know if it had been backed up ?

iPad Air, iOS 8.1

Posted on Oct 11, 2015 1:21 PM

2 replies

Oct 11, 2015 1:38 PM in response to GotToBeEasierThenThis

Use Apple's Time machine.

Use Time Machine to back up or restore your Mac - Apple Support

That has to be configured since if you did not set it up it is on on.

Also, you can use an apple CarbonCopyCloner to cone the disk. That wyif y have problmes wyo can boot from the clonse.

Some users like myself use both Time Machined and periodically clone my drive to another drive.

Oct 11, 2015 6:29 PM in response to GotToBeEasierThenThis

The best way to proceed is to buy yourself an external drive. Best size is at least 2.5 times the size of your Internal Drive or larger. You don't need a fast interface, USB-2 drive will work just fine. Expect to spend well under US$100.

Then just as lllaass says, Turn on Time Machine. After the first Backup, (which always takes a while) it will work quietly in the Background, without interrupting your regular work. Time Machine is a great solution because it is the Backup that actually gets done.

--------

Using the Internet for backup sounds like a great idea until you actually start to do it, and realize that at the speeds they allow, a complete backup can take a WEEK. Don't get me started on the Security of your stuff when stored on the Internet.

how to back up macpro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.