Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

billing

I am using various apple products. While I was updating my itunes store, it asked for updating payment details, which I did. Upon completion it charged me one dollar. I don't know why it charges in update, since I did not purchase anything. I contacted my bank enquire about this. I was told that this is a billing issue with Apple. In apple support, the reporting billion problem is associated with a particular application and does not provide any option for this kind of support. I would appreciate if anyone could help me find out how to report this issue with Apple.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 11, 2015 12:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 11:45 AM

Click here for information. If that article doesn't cover it, contact your bank and/or Apple.

(134787)

3 replies

Oct 13, 2015 11:47 AM in response to aqam

If you look carefully the charge will be marked as "pending." It is not a charge at all, it is a verification that the card information entered is valid. It will disappear in a few days. Unfortunately, the credit card systems in the US are very backward. The only way to verify that the card number, billing address, expiration and CCV code values are valid and that the account is active is to submit a charge of $1 or more. There is no way to simply ask the bank if the card info is valid. However, the charge is not actually added to your account until it is marked as a payment; until that happens it just puts a $1 "hold" on the account, and, as it will never be submitted as a payment, it will just disappear. You will find this to the case with any online site where you submit billing information to be used in the future.

Oct 13, 2015 11:53 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thanks to both Neil and Lawrence. Your explanation helped me to understand the mechanism. I couldn't get it confirmed from my bank account statement for some other reasons, but I am hopeful that I would get it. However, I would suggest to Apple to give this solution upfront to help many news users.Thanks again fellows.

billing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.