Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

An embedded Keynote video (mov format) stops playing in 2 seconds.

I am making a presentation in Keynote (v6.5.3) running on a Macbook Pro (OS X 10.10.5) and I would like to embed a video in mov format. The video plays properly in Quicktime, but within the Keynote presentation it stops playing after 2 seconds. Is there a setting in Keynote, or in the OS, that will permit me to play the entire video without stopping?

In case it matters, the video occurs in the 35th slide of a 45-slide presentation. It is the only movie so far that I have tried to embed.

Thanks...

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Oct 11, 2015 2:18 PM

3 replies

Jul 12, 2017 12:31 AM in response to Gary Scotland

In my case it's a 3mins, 30 seconds video clip that gets stuck at 2 seconds, and then again at 3 seconds...and then plays in entirety. I tried all the animation combos but it doesn't work.

I also found out that the clip works fine on a new file and also when it's freshly embedded. It starts behaving this way once I save the keynote. I also tried a lower size rendition of the clip, but it doesn't help either.

An embedded Keynote video (mov format) stops playing in 2 seconds.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.