Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

'Series' grouping within iBooks - How do I create? (Pic included)

I've noticed since Harry Potter enhanced edition making the news that these Samples/books are grouped together in 'Series' - I downloaded samples of Twilight to see if it was just the enhanced, its not.

I have about nine series of books that I read and would love to group them like this instead of creating 'collections'

Any idea how these 'series' group are created?

User uploaded file

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4.1, Activity

Posted on Oct 11, 2015 1:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2016 1:25 PM

Has there been any further update on this?

It would make common sense to be able to edit or correct the book series information.

4 replies

Oct 19, 2015 1:55 AM in response to helix.omnimedia

First of all: I am sorry you can't edit the series metadata - by general means.

To fulfill your goal, you need to edit the sqlite database.

Here is some methods to do what you expected: http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/151741/ibooks-series-metadata

It also frustrates me why apple doesn't make the series editable, which is truly helpful for people manage their digital contents.

Hope they will make the series and even more metadata editable in some day.

Mar 19, 2016 6:53 PM in response to helix.omnimedia

Any updates???

I have this issue too, it's very frustrating. In iTunes there isn't a series name or series number, you can only change the info in the sort names. The new iBooks shows the series info in the list view, but again it appears to be blocked from editing. And the blocking doesn't seem to mater if the epub was purchased from iTunes store or other source. Major fail on Apple's part when I have almost 400 books in my library. I found two programs in other threads that recommended Marvin and Calibre, but they didn't seem to work either. They allow you to edit metadata and add fields, but when I import it back to iTunes all changes seem to be lost.

'Series' grouping within iBooks - How do I create? (Pic included)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.