Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

music to keynote slides

Trying to add music to a few keynote slides (Keynote 6.5) in succession. I would then like to have another musical piece start a few slides later. I have tried numerous way and can't get it working. Is this doable?

Thanks,

Dennis Mitchell

iMac, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Oct 11, 2015 1:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 7:46 AM

1 - You can add a single sound file to an individual slide, it will play until the next slide is shown when the sound will stop, a single file on a slide will not play over several slides.

2 - You can add a sound track which will play over all of the slides, it will play only from the first slide.

3 - If you want a group of slides to play and then another group of slides, then you will need to create a sound track out with Keynote in a sound editing application such as Garage Band, Logic, Audacity or ProTools.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2015 7:46 AM in response to dmitchtpa

1 - You can add a single sound file to an individual slide, it will play until the next slide is shown when the sound will stop, a single file on a slide will not play over several slides.

2 - You can add a sound track which will play over all of the slides, it will play only from the first slide.

3 - If you want a group of slides to play and then another group of slides, then you will need to create a sound track out with Keynote in a sound editing application such as Garage Band, Logic, Audacity or ProTools.

Oct 12, 2015 3:13 PM in response to Gary Scotland

Because I don't have time to learn yet another program. I will record the audio I need and will use a cd player for the synced slides. It may be obsolete technology but I just don't have time to learn another program that is something new. I would hope that this function should be included with the main software, in my view. After all, it all about about presentations.

The other good news is that a cd is pretty reliable.

Meanwhile, I would really like to learn how to shut off the automatic play of all the songs on a playlist on my new ipad mini. There does not seem to be any way to stop it after it is started. I need to be able to play one, stop, and then start another. The stuff I find on the internet does not solve that problem.

I know apple does a great job with mulitmedia but sometimes the propeller heads think that everyone is like them. At the end of the day, some of us get frustrated but, yes, they are the best game in town.

Do you work for Apple?

Dennis

Oct 13, 2015 2:04 PM in response to dmitchtpa

Hi Dennis,

Although it's not doable to have one piece of music run for a few slides, then another musical piece a few slides later, another option to consider is coming at it from another angle: if you can't make the music fit to the slides, how about designing the slides to fit to the music? You could try taking your slides that you want set to one piece of music, and fading the components in and out using builds on one slide. Then you place the music that you want with that one slide.

For example, If you were showing 3 photos, one after another, with 3 titles, you could build in the first photo and text, fade them out, build in the second, then the third, before you need to advance to the next slide. Then put the music with that one slide.

music to keynote slides

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.