Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Profile Manager no longer working since upgrading to version 5

Hello,

Before updating to server v5, Profile Manager was working fine with enrolled devices. The Mac Server is bound to AD, so the AD users have devices assigned to them. We use VPP to send Apps to the devices to the users/devices.

Since upgrading to server 5, I am getting an error when loading the profile manager website. When I click on devices, I will see 'loading' under each device, eventually names will appear instead of 'loading' e.g. grade1-ipad-10 etc.

The names will slowly appear, and will not complete. I will eventually get the following error:

A Server Error Has Occurred

Please reload the webpage and try again.

If this error continues please contact your administrator.

When I reload, eventually it will do the same. It appears as though it is loading the info about each iPad (supervised, iOS, apps etc) something is causing it to stop?

I have tried running a migration command, updated to 5.0.4, and also updated to EL Capitan, to no avail.

Sometimes clicking 'reload' option on the error will allow it to work better than the initial load. But eventually it will give me the same error.

If anyone is having trouble with this or knows what it could be please let me know.

I have some Logs:

In the server.app, system log, I get the following around about the time the error appears:

Oct 8 12:00:49 myserver networkd[273]: -[NETProxyLookup url] invalid URL scheme '50374'

Oct 8 12:00:51 myserver WindowServer[429]: send_datagram_available_ping: pid 641 failed to act on a ping it dequeued before timing out.

Thank you,

Posted on Oct 11, 2015 4:01 PM

26 replies

Nov 2, 2015 4:55 PM in response to Apple_Tech85

Hello,

Server App update 5.0.15 'Improves reliability of upgrade and migration'

This is not happening.

I am currently upgraded to El Capitan, and am holding off updating to Server V5.x because of what clearly appears to be a migration issue.

Getting the error below briefly, as well as restart messages.

An Error Occured

Reload Profile Manager and try again

Error: SyntaxError: JSON Parse error: Unrecognized token '<'

Nov 16, 2015 9:55 AM in response to Apple_Tech85

I am having the same issue at my school district. Since upgrading to El Capitan and server app 5.0.3 Profile Manager has become unstable and crashes routinely. It has become very difficult to manage our Apple devices. I have been talking with Apple Support and they have told me that the issue is that Profile Manager is taking too long to refresh, hence the crashing. They have told me to wait for future updates. So all we can do is wait. Very frustrating.

Bruce

Jan 4, 2016 1:08 PM in response to Apple_Tech85

I have the same issue with my Mac Server. I recently setup a Mac Mini running El Capitan and Server 5.0.15. It ran great while the students were on winter break and I added half of the schools devices and installed apps via profile manager. When I got back today PM is crashing and giving me "Server error Occurred" and "JSON Parse Error unrecognized token" Not sure what is going on. Also seems to tie up apps installations on iPads. Have several devices still loading.

Profile Manager no longer working since upgrading to version 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.