Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to burn powerpoint to dvd without losing audio files

Not sure what community to post to -- this is a PowerPoint for Mac question

• I'm creating a slideshow for a friend's memorial using Powerpoint for Mac 2011.
  • I have take it to the church in a format that will play from or upload to their computer (assume Windows).
  • I want to add music, but stopped when I realized it does not stay put in PowerPoint once moved from my Mac.

Problem: Powerpoint will not keep the music files I've inserted. What to do? Should I just axe this and use a more user friendly software for this purpose? I tried saving as a movie and finishing it up in iMovie but it is too complicated for me to figure out how to add the music in there. I am not familiar with iMove and do not have time for anything that is not intuitive.

Posted on Oct 11, 2015 4:16 PM

1 reply

Oct 12, 2015 7:51 AM in response to ascotsgranny

You would use this procedure to do what you want:

1. place a copy of the music files in a new folder, (for convenience use the desktop)
  2. add the music to PowerPoint presentation
  3. save the PowerPoint file to the same folder as the music files
  4. copy both the Powerpoint file and the folder with the music files
  5. use PowerPoint or the free PowerPoint Player programme to play back, its available here: PowerPoint Player

How to burn powerpoint to dvd without losing audio files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.