Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am unable to access Apple on either of my TVs in different rooms. Access to all other devices is fine, however, all I get when trying to connect is error 3905

I Have an Apple MacPro. on which all updates have been loaded for operating system and ITunes.i am still unsure about loading the recent update I must confess.

i Have a Links router.

i Have endeavoured to load Apple TV on two different TVs in my home without success. One of the TVs in directly about the router.

all I get is a 3905 error, although I have also had a 5 error on several attempts.

the system locates my wireless ok but then the error turns up.

all other devices work fine.

the Apple TV worked fine on my old HP loaded windows.

any clues please.

Apple TV, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Oct 11, 2015 3:40 PM

5 replies

Oct 11, 2015 3:49 PM in response to tomfromwagga

So you have a desktop Mac Pro? Or are you referring to a laptop Macbook Pro? Which model/year?

Which OS version are you running (you are not running iOS on a Mac)?

Which iTunes version?

And, which model/year Apple TV?

Without having more info, this is the only thing I can help with at the moment - it may be of help:

https://www.apple.com/support/appletv/

Also look at this:

Apple TV error code 3905. This error code prevents my wifi link. please help.

You can google for more results.

Oct 12, 2015 4:33 AM in response to tomfromwagga

I am stumped with the WiFi problem - did you try the suggestions in the link I posted?

Not sure exactly what you mean with not having a 'reference' on your computer. If properly configured, your WiFi connection to the router should show up in Network Preferences of course. Does your computer connect to the internet properly using the router?

I checked the item's website and you might want to contact their support - neither Yosemite nor El Capitan are mentioned in their platform compatibility list.

http://www.linksys.com/fi/p/P-XAC1200/

FWIW, you have a Macbook Pro....

Oct 12, 2015 4:33 AM in response to babowa

Sorry for being late to get back to you. Been all over the place, Apple shop, then to Linkysys. Apple were convinced it was my router and after a brilliant effort from one of thei staff at Linksys it turned out I was at fault . I had been using an Apple ID password to access the Apple TV instead if the one set up with the router.

As you can tell I am not only old, but stupid as well and obviously not very computer literate.

i now wish to thank you for your positive attempts to assist...think I managed to confuse you totally....so my apologies as well.

please forward a survey if you wish in order that I can confirm your splendid efforts to help.

I am unable to access Apple on either of my TVs in different rooms. Access to all other devices is fine, however, all I get when trying to connect is error 3905

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.