Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac mini (Late 2014) boot camp

I have a base late 2014 mac mini (Iris graphics, 4gb ram, 500gb hdd) running El Capitan. Tried to install Windows 10 using the Apple bootcamp software. Downloaded ISO direct from Microsoft. Confirmed using usb2.0 flash (that I have used previously to install bootcamp on another machine), using BC assistance and following the apple instructions. After the ISO is mounted and partition is created the mini restarts and goes to black screen with no signal going to external monitor. The monitor is a new Dell connected via the miniDisplay port and works fine with my macbook pro (late 2013 model). The process creates an empty partition.

I think I am having the same issue as this user (Black Screen during boot camp in Mac Mini (Late 2014)) ie. Iris display drivers?

Wondering if there has been a resolution. I dont have access to a thunderbolt device.

Mac mini, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 11, 2015 5:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 3:24 PM

1. Please check Product Version in Bootcamp.xml.

2. Please ensure there are no external storage devices except the USB Installer connected directly

3. Please do not use any USB hubs.

4. Your Mini does not have a DisplayPort. It has ThunderBolt2 ports. Your Dell should also have a HDMI port. Can you find an HDMI-to-HDMI cable and test?

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2015 3:24 PM in response to Shockolat

1. Please check Product Version in Bootcamp.xml.

2. Please ensure there are no external storage devices except the USB Installer connected directly

3. Please do not use any USB hubs.

4. Your Mini does not have a DisplayPort. It has ThunderBolt2 ports. Your Dell should also have a HDMI port. Can you find an HDMI-to-HDMI cable and test?

mac mini (Late 2014) boot camp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.