Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcasts app not downloading podcasts under iOS 9.0.2

Updated my iPhone 6 Plus to 9.0.2 yesterday (Sat, 10/10/15) after waiting for the SECOND patch I knew was coming. Now the Podcasts app is not downloading podcasts at all and even other apps like Downcast get an "Error downloading. Sorry. We really don't know how to update the OS without breaking any number of apps, even our own" page.

Looking at a reliable podcast like Leo Laporte's The Tech Guy, Podcasts reports "Last refresh: Friday at 10:41 PM" -- the day before I updated to iOS 9.0.2. I know episode 1227 is available for download, but 9.0.2 stops the downloads. What gives, Apple? You're supposed to be the "it just works" Company, right? This is like Microsoft, where their own software is the least reliable software on my PC.

You also broke my most useful app -- Skip Ahead. It just crashes now. Skip Ahead used to allow me to jump forward 30 seconds or back 10 seconds when listening to MP3 files that are considered "music." Now 9.0.2 broke it. Skip Ahead allows a safe way to advance a podcast while driving as it supplies large, easy to hit buttons to do the advancing through commercials. Apple's "Podcasts" app has impossibly small buttons for advancing a podcast. Really *****. Now, of course, Podcasts doesn't work AT ALL.

So, after waiting for the original iOS release, and waiting for the first patch, then the second patch, I still can't trust Apple to do the right thing.

All for their stupid watch to work. How about you just get your REAL products to work before you foist a bad OS on us?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 11, 2015 5:09 PM

1 reply

Podcasts app not downloading podcasts under iOS 9.0.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.