Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My brand new iPhone 6s Plus is really slow and freezes up

My brand new iPhone 6s Plus is really slow and freezes up.

When I am using apps.

When I am on using wifi.

Apps freeze, downloads take forever, call quality is terrible, and in general the phone is just super slow.

This is by far the worst performance of any iPhone I have ever experienced, and I have owned every version.

Please someone tell me it gets better. How can I fix this mess?

Posted on Oct 11, 2015 7:58 PM

14 replies

Oct 12, 2015 6:28 AM in response to sharpest

As sharpest said that's a good solution. However I'm curious is the issue related to wifi vs cellular speed or is everything slow so we know if we're diagnosing a slow iPhone or slow because of Internet connection. Which leaves us with a problem of either Internet speed or issues with wifi on your device.

DO a power cycle on your wifi router for good measure by unplugging it for a couple minutes then plug back in to eliminate that issue off the get go.

Oct 15, 2015 8:17 PM in response to shogun88888888

The phone is a dud. I have the strongest broadband at home, and full bars in my home as well. The phone is super slow, its way slower than my 5s. I am so disappointed I want to return the phone all together. The Genius bars now in my city are running a 3 day wait time, its just ridiculous. Has anyone noticed how Apples support has gotten way harder to access? The whole process to get service is a cumbersome process. Starting to regret this decision. Going into a store tomorrow to return the phone.

Oct 25, 2015 2:16 PM in response to cyclecentralpark

Apple totally resolved my issue. I went to the Apple store at 9am and got in before anyone showed up. They assessed my phone, did the diagnostic, and gave me a new phone all together. The new phone works the way it should. I am guessing this was a defective phone that I had.

I just want to add that Apple's customer service continues to be a major reason why I continually buy their products, and have done so for 20 years. I am a fan and customer for life. As more people use Apple products, I was worried that the service was reduced, but its not. You just have to know how to navigate their updated customer service options. In short, very happy with my resolution.

My brand new iPhone 6s Plus is really slow and freezes up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.