Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I recently upgraded my iTunes, now my garageband creations will not export to iTunes.

I recently upgraded my iTunes, now my garageband creations will not export to iTunes.

Posted on Oct 11, 2015 9:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 8:34 AM

Are you using the current version of Garageband (10.1.0, from June 2015)?

5 replies

Oct 12, 2015 8:35 AM in response to sberman

Thank you, I went to the Apple Store, and tried to download a current version of Garageband. Unfortunately, I got a message that my Mac needs to be a 10.9 or newer. Mine is a 10.7. Is there anyway to un-update iTunes and go back to what I had. It worked just fine the way it was. I really don't need all the latest bells and whistles. I should have known this would happen.

Oct 12, 2015 12:04 PM in response to geecee58

geecee58 wrote:

I should have known this would happen.

Indeed. Next time you'll know.

Being asked to upgrade to OS X 10.9 is being asked to upgrade to a two-year old operating system from a four year old operating system. You should be at El Capitan, OS X 10.11!

In my humble opinion, there is no reason not to keep all your software current. And, as you can see, if you decide to keep some current while other underlying software is not, trouble results.

There are many folks who have iOS devices which currently use iOS 9. iOS 9 requires a current version of iTunes to support it. That causes outcries, that I also cannot understand.

Oct 13, 2015 5:00 AM in response to sberman

I figured out a way to import my music from Garageband to iTunes. It's a couple extra steps, but at least it works for now. When I hit the share tab in Garageband, instead of sending it to iTunes, I click on the import to Disk. I choose Desktop in the send to preference. Once it finishes, I drag it to iTunes from my desktop, and it imports the song to my iTune library. The only problem with this solution is, if I edit my song in Garageband and resend it to my desk top, I have to rename it once it gets to the desktop because when I drag the edited version to iTunes, the new version is not recognize as new, and the old version continues to play. I can also drag the older version I sent to iTunes to the trash before importing the newer version. Either way it works for now...

Thanks for your helpful suggestions and insight...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.