Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Specific RGB Calibration on iMac Yosemite?

Hello. I have used the Color Sync Utility, including the Advanced options, but can not get the desired results. Is there a way to DIRECTLY change RGB values without a 3rd party utility under Yosemite?

Meaning, in Adobe Illustrator I have made 6 boxes. I am using the adobe RGB 1998 profile in the document.

Box 1 - RGB Red (255, 0, 0)

Box 2 - RGB Green (0, 255, 0)

Box 3 - RGB Blue (0, 0, 255)

Box 4 - RGB Yellow (255, 255, 0)

Box 5 - RGB Cyan (0, 255, 255)

Box 6 - RGB Magenta (255, 0, 255)

Also, I am currently using the iMac Color Profile. (System Preferences > Display > Color > Display Profile)

When using the Color Picker App and the Digital Color Meter app to select/sample colors on screen, MOST values are off.

Box 1 - RGB Red (255, 3, 31)

Box 2 - RGB Green (0, 253, 0)

Box 3 - RGB Blue (32, 30, 255)

Box 4 - RGB Yellow (253, 254, 0)

Box 5 - RGB Cyan (0, 255, 254)

Box 6 - RGB Magenta (255, 31, 255)

I tried different profiles and found Epson sRGB to be the closest match. Everything is correct EXCEPT for

Box 1 - RGB Red (255, 0, 13)

Box 6 - RGB Magenta (255, 1, 255)

So, using the built in Color Utility, there is no DIRECT control over the specific RGB values so I can move some sliders (or something) to get the values to match.

Is there any utility that I can use to specify these values? Hopefully free.. but I'm assuming I gotta use a Spyder calibration tool or something. Well, even then, do you get DIRECT control over these values?

And not to be rude, but PLEASE don't give me the "why do you need this? / You don't need this / This is stupid". I have a reason and don't really feel like making this post even longer with a long explanation. I just want to know if it is possible.

Thanks

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Oct 11, 2015 7:44 PM

There are no replies.

Specific RGB Calibration on iMac Yosemite?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.