Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar & Notes deletions; how retrieve

On my Mac Mini (late 2014) upgrading to El Capitan, I found it slow so followed community advice to delete log. Perhaps because of that, or some other cause, I lost all entries on Notes and most entries on Calendar. Some are in iCloud. How can I retrieve all missing entries on Calendar and Notes?

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.5), Actually, using El Capitan OS.

Posted on Oct 11, 2015 7:36 PM

4 replies

Oct 12, 2015 6:05 AM in response to Linc Davis

The Log file, per suggestions in Apple Community re. El Capitan slow. Thanks for asking. Now what should I do to get my Calendar and Notes back? I do use Time Machine and have an external HD, but I think one or both update based on current Mac and may therefore delete anything not current???? Can I go back to a date prior to upgrading to El Capitan and find everything either in Time Machine and/or iCloud and/or my external HD with iDrive?

Oct 13, 2015 3:51 PM in response to Agudodan81

Deleting a log file should not delete and system files like Notes and Calendar.

If you go to icloud.com in a computer browser, and sign in, what is shown in Notes and Calendar?

TM only deletes old stuff when it runs out of storage on the TM disk.

For getting Calendar from TM see:

http://rfwilmut.net/notes/icloudtm.html

Notes are not available from TM backup for Mountain Lion or later

http://pondini.org/TM/28.html

Time Machine, iCloud, Notes, Contacts, Calendars and Reminders

Oct 13, 2015 3:51 PM in response to Agudodan81

Please sign out of iCloud in its preference pane and then sign back in. No data will be removed from the servers, and you can retrieve it by signing back in. That said, you should always have a current archiveof the data for safety's sake, even if you don't sign out.

If you use iCloud Keychain, when you sign back in to iCloud follow one of the procedures described in this support article to set it up on an additional device.

Calendar & Notes deletions; how retrieve

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.