Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages to Photoshop or illustrator? Ideas?

I am hoping to export a business card design from Pages to Photoshop...ideas? I could also export to illustrator. I'd really appreciate any ideas that can help me get unstuck..

Posted on Oct 11, 2015 7:57 PM

3 replies

Oct 11, 2015 8:23 PM in response to gretchita

In pages go to file and then export to pdf then save to a location of your choice such as documents or desktop.

in illustrator, open the program and select file, open and open the pdf in illustrator.

then go to the select menu in illustrator and click all

after that right click or command click the selected object in illustrator and select the release clipping mask option.

your document in illustrator will now be editable

you may have to change some things in illustrator as formatting options are different however the initial look will be very close to how it was in pages.

Oct 12, 2015 6:32 AM in response to gretchita

In Pages, select all of your design components and group. Then with this group, click to select, and then copy to clipboard. Open Preview, and from the file menu, choose New from Clipboard. Now, just your graphic, and not a graphic on an entire page opens in Preview. With option+File menu ▸ Save As… you will have a Save panel. While pressing the option key, you will find a great many more image formats on the image type selector, including Photoshop.

I am puzzled why you would deliberately want to create a limited dpi image in Pages, to export to Photoshop or Illustrator, when you could create 300 dpi artwork in either of those professional applications, with greater control over your final artwork?

Pages to Photoshop or illustrator? Ideas?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.